1. Select a major
- If your undergraduate degree was in Biomedical Engineering, Biological Sciences, or Animal Science, you will probably apply to the same MS Program. If your undergraduate degree was in another field, or you are interested in diversifying, make sure you have satisfied the prerequisites for Biomedical Engineering, Biological Sciences, or Animal Science before applying.
2. Complete your Official Application through CSU Apply (Application Portal open Oct 1). Applications will include:
- 1-page statement of purpose
- GRE scores
- Confidential letters of reference (2 for Biological Sciences and Animal Science, 3 for Biomedical Engineering)
Application review for rolling admissions will begin on January 1; applications deadlines for the Fall of 2018 can be found on the Admissions Website. Notifications of admissions decisions will begin after January 1, and continue until 6 weeks after the Application Deadline, though some students may be placed on a waitlist and admitted at a later date.
Click here for additional information on applying to Graduate Programs at Cal Poly.
*Internal Biomedical Engineering Students typically matriculate into the MS in Biomedical Engineering with a Specialization in Regenerative Medicine through the Blended BS-MS mechanism (formerly "4+1" Program), and therefore are only required to submit the Application Form (updated Sep 2017) with all of the required documents/information, and will NOT prepare an application through CalState Apply.
Applicants are eligible to apply for Financial Resources before being accepted, including Graduate Assistantships, Resident and Non-Resident Tuition Waivers, and more through the Office of Graduate Education.
Note: the Financial Resources described in the preceeding link are University-wide, and do not include the Internship Stipend or Department-Specific GA, TA, or ISA positions
Please contact the following with any questions about the Program:
- Biomedical Engineering: Trevor Cardinal, PhD (office – 192-326, email@example.com)
- Biological Sciences: Elena Keeling, PhD (office – 33-271, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Animal Science: Daniel Peterson, PhD (office – 10-114, email@example.com)
Admitted Student Distribution, by Degree (Classes of 2011-2018)
Other: chemical engineering, biochemistry, genetics, microbiology, plant science, and environmental sciences.