Decide on a Major
- If your undergraduate degree was in Biomedical Engineering, Biological Sciences, or Animal Science, you will probably apply to the same MS Program.
- If your undergraduate degree was in another field, or you are interested in diversifying, make sure you have satisfied the prerequisites for Biomedical Engineering (select non-engineering applicants), Biological Sciences, or Animal Science before applying.
Application review for rolling admissions will begin on January 1; applications deadlines for the Fall of 2020 can be found on the Admissions Website. Notifications of admissions decisions will begin after January 1, and be complete 2 months after the Application Deadline.
Cal Poly Biological Sciences, Cal Poly Animal Science, and External Applicants
Complete your Application through CSU Apply (opens Oct 1).
- Applicant Profile
- Campus, Start Term, & Parent Major (i.e. Biomedical Engineering, Biological Sciences, or Agriculture)
- Quad 1 - Personal Information
- All MS Students are classified as Independent, and therefore have greater eligibility for state grants that require completion of the FAFSA
- Quad 2 - Academic History
- Universities/Colleges Attended
- GPA (official transcripts must be submitted directly to the Cal Poly Admission Office)
- GRE Scores (official scores must be submitted directly to the Cal Poly Admissions Office)
- Quad 3 - Supporting Information
- Provide detailed information on the experiences listed in your CV/Resume for internships, employment, and volunteer efforts (community, clinical, research, etc)
- Quad 4 - Program Materials
- Upload CV/Resume
- Upload 1-page Personal Statement detailing:
- your motivation for applying
- experiences that prepared you for the Program
- plans after the Program
- Request confidential letters of recommendation, 2 for Biological Sciences and Animal Science or 3 for Biomedical Engineering
- **Under "Select your intended specialization" Select "Regenerative Medicine"**
Follow up on requested application materials, confirming that:
- Official transcripts have been received from your degree-granting institution by the Cal Poly Admissions Office
- ETS has provided an official GRE score report to the Cal Poly Admissions Office
- References have completed letters of recommendation
Cal Poly Biomedical Engineering Applicants
Internal Biomedical Engineering Students typically matriculate into the MS in Biomedical Engineering with a Specialization in Regenerative Medicine through the Blended BS-MS mechanism (formerly "4+1" Program), and therefore are only required to submit the on-line Application Form with all of the required documents/information by February 1, and will NOT prepare an application through CalState Apply.
Applicants are eligible to apply for Financial Resources before being accepted, including Graduate Assistantships, Resident and Non-Resident Tuition Waivers, and more through the Office of Graduate Education.
Note: the Financial Resources described in the preceding link are University-wide, and do not include the Internship Stipend or Department-Specific GA, TA, or ISA positions
Department Admissions Contacts
Please contact the following with any questions about the Program:
Please visit the Graduate Education website for additional information on applying to Graduate Programs at Cal Poly. Also, visit the Graduate Education FAQ page to check out frequently asked questions.
Admitted Student Distribution, by Degree (Classes of 2011-2021)