Cell Transplantation & Biotherapeutics - BMED 560/1
The purpose of this course is to learn procedures including rodent handling, anesthesia, surgically modeling disease, biotherapy delivery, and visualizing/measuring therapeutic efficacy. There will also be an additional focus on experimental design, data collection, and analysis.
Following the completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Effectively handle & restrain mice.
- Effectively deliver anesthesia & analgesia to mice.
- Perform mouse survival surgery using aseptic technique.
- Perform muscle force production experiments with mice using consistent technique
- Perform fluorescence microscopy & quantitative morphometry
- Prepare figures to display, and use statistical analysis to draw conclusions from, experimental data
- Design sound experiments and interpret experimental data